Lamination or over laminates is the process of applying premium, protective, clear plastic film to the surface of prints.
Laminating provides protection against rough and lots of handling, dirt, grime, bugs, water, chemical, graffiti and even grubby fingerprints.
Adds value by enhancing and retaining the vibrancy of an image; provide a unique finish and prolong the life of a print by magnifying the firmness, making it more hard wearing – especially in the harsh Aussie sun.
Available in Cold or Hot methods :
- Cold – applying a pressure sensitive film to the front of the print. Cold lamination offers versatility across all print medias. It also offers impressive clarity.
- Hot – encapsulates prints by applying heat activated film to both sides of the print providing completely sealed edges. Flush trimming to edge of hot laminated print gives a distinct appearance.
- Gloss – enhances vibrant colours creating extra sharpness. Smooth finish. Popular with photographic images.
- Satin – low sheen, less reflective, colour brilliance maintained. Smooth finish. Commonly used in well-lit conditions such as retail stores and shopfront windows to avoid glare, yet maintaining a Semi-Gloss appearance.
- Sandtex – scratch resistant, textured surface. Matt finish. Ideal for non-slip floor graphics, retractable banners and signs.
- Anti-Graffiti – wipe off any unwanted permanent texta markings and spray paint without damaging the lamination film with a particular removing agent.